Monday, November 10, 2014

Weekend Review

Wow! What a weekend?  We were extremely productive.  And be prepared for a LOT of pictures!

Friday Night

We were pretty lazy.  We knew we had a very busy weekend ahead of us because Lizzie ate her crate {yes, ATE her crate}.  So after dropping the dogs off at "Doggy Day Care" {a.k.a. Papa and Lala's house}, we went out and treated ourselves to a dinner at a restaurant.  Then we struggled with what time it had to be to be acceptable to go to bed. We settled on whenever before 10 works.



Saturday

We went on a small "date" {thanks again to Lala and Papa watching the dogs} for coffee, thrifting, and a Lowe's trip.  It was awesome.  We haven't done this since before the wedding.  We stopped by the coffee shop, grabbed an espresso, and then browsed until our heart was content.  I think some of this was a diversion mechanism for all of the work we knew was coming.  Once again, whatever.  It was a Saturday morning.

I did find this awesome cup that I didn't actually buy because I am trying to not buy cups I can't use year round {and this one is ceramic so it can get hot}... but I am seriously considering going back to get it.


While we were thrifting, we stumbled upon a piece of furniture that we happened to be looking for anyway.  At a great price for a sturdy piece, we couldn't pass her up.  Meet Lola:

Meet our newest TV Stand addition: Lola
I am absolutely in love with her.  And everything I love, Andrew isn't particularly fond of.  However, everything I am indifferent on, Andrew is in love with.  It is a win for sure.  I am sure I have a before picture of what was here, but I wouldn't ever post it on the interwebs for all to see - because it looked like a hand-me-down bachelor pad situation {of which it was a hand-me-down, but it was not bachelor pad}. Some styling still needs to be done but this weekend, that wasn't on the to-do list.  Nor was some of the rest of this post.  This created a domino effect of shifting the guest room around, adding the old TV Stand, doing the wiring for this one, and all before we got to start what we were putting off the entire time. 

We went to get the dogs from Doggie Day Care {this is Aggie trying to sneak up on Goose who is waiting patiently for the ball to be thrown}


And then we started on this: 




Ok, so technically this doesn't do it justice.  Being the scatterbrain that I am, I forgot to take a true before picture.  However, this was about 4-5 hours in, with an empty-by-this-point attic in which we had officially sorted through things about 5-6 separate instances to throw things away.

Among the things we found:

Who stores a pinata in their attic for 50 years? And a pink-angel mail box? Really?

Ancient Photoshop abilities

Our dumpster looked like this once we were done with "Day 1" {which was more like Day 1 of this phase, we had already technically started this process previously}


Don't ask what it all is because I. Have. No. Clue.

Another view of the End of Day 1 Garage {and Driveway}

 1. Yes, that book says "When they are Three" and was published by Better Homes and Gardens {if I remember correctly}.  It is stacked on top of other child-rearing books which people would think was hilarious today. 
2. This is the driveway.  At some point, we just put things there until we found more space in the garage.  Do what ya gotta do. 
3. As you can tell, thanks to winter and Daylight Savings, it was getting dark by the time we finished.  And we were exhausted.  And in pain.  And HUNGRY. 


Saturday Night


Not much explanation is needed I believe.  However, that rice was fantastic.  And I have the best husband.  Period.


I also started making these babies for my dear friend Jennifer {and maybe a few for myself}.  These are actually on my November Wish List  and I got to break out the Silhouette  which I jumped at the opportunity to do. 

Sunday

We started bright and early.  I had to call in reinforcements because Andrew was working on something for our dear animal.  {Which he has volunteered to write the post about, so I am only going to show a small snippet of today}

Middle of the Day: how cool is this trunk?

My mom, grandma, and I sorted everything into our trusty Rubbermaid clear bins.  Keep and Sell - with subcategories of sell {Photos, books/maps/postcards, everything else}.  These got stacked for further sorting and photographing for Etsy in January/February {it is all about realistic goals - right?}

One goal: not to put it back in the attic where we would just forget about it or put it off for another 50 years. 

Ta-Da!


See the dresser we are going to refinish at some point? 

You can see the old record player that we can only assume works that we intend to do some furniture makeovers with when we can finally start doing "optional" projects again. 

It isn't perfect yet, but we knew going into this that it would be a several step process.  So we are very happy with the idea that we can {probably} get two cars in by the time it freezes on Thursday.  Once again - WIN.


By that point, this is a picture of the dumpster.  I took it from above because I was sealing up the vent over the roof before winter {does Oklahoma qualify as winter?} and clean out the gutters.

I do slightly feel bad for Andrew though because the blower ran out before I could clean off the back porch and I was entirely too sore and tired to sweep another surface.


Whoops!
Why didn't the front look like this, you ask? Because we don't have gutters there at this point in time.  That's one way to make sure they don't get dirty.

Meanwhile, {back at the ranch} Andrew was working on this creation for our beast lovely animal Lizzie.



This isn't quite a complete picture because we didn't have the latches on.  I helped do some of this, but mostly it was all him.  Which is why he said he would try to write one blog post about it, just to see what it was like.

I also finished these after we got home from Sunday Dinner {and I got to cuddle with Cooper, who didn't mind that I was still dirty and wearing Andrew's shrunken hoodie and windpants and probably smelled terrible}.

Laminator fun!

Put a bow on it!

We were extremely productive this weekend: we cleared and cleaned the attic, we cleaned and organized the garage {mostly}, we built Lizzie a crate*, purchased and moved in a TV Stand*, rearranged the guest room and made it about 80% complete {thanks to the garage clean-out, we need to store some things in the closet and hang pictures}, made closet organizers, sealed the roof/attic vent {thingy}*, cleaned the gutters*, made dinner, did laundry, did dishes, and overall didn't get "behind" in the house.

*Indicates that it wasn't on any list, anywhere, technically but did need to be done at some point.  Credit is given for being efficient.  Yippee!


Can't wait to share everything else with you!

Linking up with Meg from Life of Meg for Mingle MondayBella and Lisa for Weekend Recap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...