Friday, November 14, 2014

Feel {Great} Friday!

There are a lot of things I am feeling great about on this Friday {one of which is NOT the weather}.  But here is what I am feeling particularly GRATEFUL about this Friday - which is, technically, the same thing because it translates into feeling great!

Bucket List {almost} Accomplished!
I have two concerts left of my concert bucket list, and I bought tickets for one of them today! YAY!
However, I did get this halfway through my purchasing experience - it started at 1 minute, went to 6, and then took this screenshot almost there - and it made me extremely nervous.



Garth Brooks Buying!
Garth Brooks here we come!

We have gotten a lot done
I am so grateful to have a husband who works his butt off and then comes home and works his butt off there too.

We are even to the point that we are hanging pictures!

Engagement dinner: Aren't my family and friends good lookin'?

We officially have two cars in the garage, our wired boards hung in the dining room {pictures soon}, and pictures hung in the hallway.

It is cold but....
I have determined I am pretty decent and much more inventive with cold weather food as opposed to summer options.  And you get to end your meal with ho-cho coffee:

Delicioso
The only thing better than ho-cho coffee? Ho-cho espresso on a cold night!  So far this week we have eaten: tortilla soup, chili {both freezer options}, beans and cornbread, and taquitos and beans.  And tonight we are having sausage cornbread {we are a fan of combining ingredients to cut down cost, can't you tell?}.  I love winter food.  So maybe it is cold outside, but the food is making it so much better!

Faith
I am particularly grateful for my faith lately.  I have put an honest effort into letting it guide me instead of letting me guide me.  In several ways I have found a reading from Ecclesiastes, that we ironically also used in our wedding, to be particularly telling lately:

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 
 9Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. 10For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. 11Furthermore, if two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? 12And if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of three strands is not quickly torn apart.

 There are several reasons this speaks to {and in a way, for} me lately: I have been so thankful to have such a great husband who is supportive and willing to talk things through with me.  He not only takes on the burden of our family when needed, but he is completely selfless.  He truly lifts me up.  We work together, he helps build my faith, and he always remains faithful himself.

We also have been fortunate enough to be a part of a group at church lately that has really helped us to explore our faith more intensely.  It starts conversations between us, strengthens our beliefs, and makes us thankful for things we may have never known.  It has been awesome to share this within a community and with each other.

In the same way, I have become addicted to She Reads Truth. It is something I look forward to reading each day.  I cannot wait until the weekend when I can sit on the couch in the kitchen, look out the window, drink a cup of coffee, and read the devotional for the day {or past ones, which I have also been doing}.  I should also get my personal first study pack today - which I cannot wait for! {Maybe I should ask for a year's worth for Christmas!}

What are you feeling {great} about today?

4 comments:

  1. Omg ho-cho espresso sounds AMAZING!!!! Have so much fun at Garth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to Garth? What is the personal first study kit? I might need to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! We are going on Thursday night the 15th (your birthday). We just got really lucky!

      And they have study kits for each study they do, this is just the first one I have personally purchased {although I have purchased the ones to download on my phone and the one they let you download as a PDF}. I have been participating for about 2 months now and it is fantastic. You should check it out!

      Delete
    2. I just started following them on Facebook. I also follow Proverbs 31 ministries and am about to do their latest online bible study with max lucados book before amen! I'll have to look further into she reads truth.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...