Wednesday, November 5, 2014

{Never too late for a} Weekend Review

Here is the crazy weekend as it was!

I took a few days off of work so I had some extra time in my weekend {very gratefully}.  So this update is a little bit past due, but it was technically still my weekend!

Thursday and Friday {day}

I started on this:


These are technically "in process" photos {and officially my first picture of sharing my true mess with the blog if I remember correctly}.  This room had. to. be. done.  Before my mom and I even started on this, I recruited my wonderful mother-in-law to help clean out 3 other spaces.  Ridiculous.  I blame it on the "not really moving in when we moved in" situation.  Well, good news people: renovation is {temporarily} over and I am moving in.  Or at least getting to the point where I can find my crap much needed stuff.

After pictures coming at some point {it isn't 100% finished but should be by this upcoming weekend - thank you Amazon Prime}.

Friday night

It was Halloween! We dressed up Goose as a mouse, chicken, and devil {not all at the same time even though that would have been interesting}, had pizza, drank pumpkin beer and wine, and had a few trick or treaters. Most houses on our small street weren't participaing in the festivities so we had quite a few less treaters than expected. Oh well - more candy for my upcoming JA class!

He is such a good sport.

This was only part of it, we had 2 paper bags full behind us.  Oops!

At some point in the night, we lost power due to a down powerline.  So we continued what we were already doing and enjoyed our time together.



Saturday

We got to meet our cousin's newest addition, Calaway! His parents, Curtis and Ashley, came to introduce him to the craziest members of the family and we got to go cuddle him for a bit Saturday. We hung out at Aunt Betty {Betsy} and Uncle Frank's house and saw their new outdoor space {ah-mazing} and reinforced our deal that we will come to their house and cook and then make them come to ours and let us cook for them there too. Now we are just waiting on the date Uncle Franklin! Cal is so lively already! And while it is hard to imagine my cousin as a father to a HUMAN, it actually is pretty fitting. They make the cutest little family and it was fun seeing what a blessing Cal really is to them.


Saturday Night

We went on our second first date (first second date?) - to an Eric Church concert.  This was actually our first unexpected date almost 2 years ago.  And when it came up to go again, we took the opportunity and ran.  Due to the pre-purchase of tickets {in January/February!}, we actually had to miss out on a friend's wedding on this particular night but it was so nice to spend time together and remember that night all over again.

Sunday

We woke up and we Andrew made some pumpkin-banana pancakes. They were fantastic.  We Andrew used the Banana Pumpkin Pie Pancake recipe from Hungry Girl to the Max on our Kindle app {which we also own the book version!}.  So not only were they delicious, they kept us full and were healthy.  Absolutely amazing choice.




We made a HUGE batch of chili to freeze for ourselves and others.  {I guess you could call it a freezer-cooking kick}  We are talking 12 lbs of meat -  we even sacrificed some of our coveted and cherished Blue & Gold sausage.

Batch 2 of the meat browning process.  We used our huge stew pot and it was perfect!

We also made this small yet-big-impact improvement to our kitchen.

Ignore my temporary chicken scratch - I actually redid the heading after this picture.

We intend to make it "permanent" {command strips possibly} if this system really works.  We currently have a magnet that doubles as an eraser and holds dry erase markers that we keep on top of this board.  We got our board from Pick Your Plum and love it.  For $4 that is magnetic and dry erase? Yes please - which is why we ended up with 3... because I cash in on things like that! {I just looked and they do have them currently in the "Plum Orchard" section - but get it fast! They are notorious for encouraging impulse buys because they run out!}

On Monday, Kelcie and her mom worked on the office/craft room/dog crate room/dressing room to get it more orderly.  Pictures will follow once Amazon Prime comes through again this week.  Gotta love free 2-day shipping! 



2 comments:

  1. Omg those pancakes look amazing!! I am definitely pinning that recipe. That dry erase board also looks so cool. In our old house, we had a whole chalkboard wall in our kitchen and it was AWESOME for notes and remembering stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! We have a chalkboard wall too... but it isn't in the kitchen -- pictures coming soon! I am constantly making notes and with this board, it is easy to snap a picture and be on my way! Hungry-Girl recipes are the best if you end up wanting to mix your normal meals up. It comes highly recommended!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...