Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Review - and Feel {Great} Monday

WOW! Last week flew by - so quickly I didn't even realize it was time to feel great.  I was technically feeling great, I just didn't write about it.  So here are some updates!

Feel {Great} Anyday - including Friday

This Last week, I felt really great about the to-do list.  We got a lot done.  Which was perfect timing.  In my mind, it was time to start fresh and turn a new leaf.  I sat down an caught up on my "In Everything Give Thanks" plan with She Reads Truth and the subject was giving thanks in stress.





Here's a {not-so-secret} secret: I do not handle my own stress very well.  Everyone around me, with the exception of some close family and friends, may think that I do - and on the outside, I do! But on the inside, it is like a raging storm waiting to blow something up.  My husband, God bless him, deals with it so patiently.  I, however, do not handle it very gracefully.  It is like a balloon being hit by a straight pin after it gets really bad.  And yes, it is that sudden. My biggest weakness: focusing on the tasks at hand {or on a very well thought out to-do list} and ignoring everything else {including sleep} until it is done. Well, when I read Day 5, Give Thanks in Stress, it was an eye-opening experience.  It made me realize how that is NOT doing anyone any good and it is not what I am on this earth to do.  It came at the perfect time to allow me to truly hit the reset button, when I was willing to hear it {because I wasn't focusing only on the list}, and at a time where it is so important to remember before everything gets hit by the holiday bus - and backed over.

So yes, I felt great.  And feeling great kind of led me to lose track of the required list and structure.  And I liked it.  And Andrew is dancing circles - even if he knows it is going to require a lifetime of reminders on both of our parts.

Oh, and I am finished with my Christmas shopping - let the fun really begin.  Yay!

The Weekend

I spent the weekend with a hunting husband {and dad} which meant that I hung out with my mom and sister on Friday, stayed in my pajamas all day on Saturday, and Sunday finished up a few things but mostly hung out with my dear-old-ball-and-chain {he is 7 months older, so he is "old"}.

You may think this doesn't qualify for a readable Weekend Update, but man-o-man, let me correct you {politely, of course}.


Friday
Friday: Great shipment day {Andrew is now 100% used to this}

Temporary Christmas decorating - this baby is coming back out on Friday!

Saturday
Dinner and Dessert, or just Dessert for Dinner - I will never tell.  DELICIOUS

This white little devil Aggie came to visit.

She is the epitome of false advertisement.
Aggie came to visit and was a terror.  She is so cute though.  But she doesn't cuddle.  Therefore, she has about 6 more months before she 100% wins my heart - when she calms down enough to cuddle!

Sunday

Don't tell my husband {hi Babe!} but I actually only finished this project once he called and said he was 1.5 hours away from home.


Clipboard Project: Done!
Snuggling with this guy: best. thing. ever.
Happy Thanksgiving Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...