Thursday, August 28, 2014

Can't you just see it?!

So I mentioned that there were two main areas that we actually bought the house for. But first, we want to know if you can envision it.

The Living Room


Goose had to make a cameo appearance.  {He was actually waiting for Lizzie to pop around that corner - they loved playing chase when the house was empty!}



This is the view from the corner of the room.  I guess I don't have all of the pictures saved showing the window-lined walls (three on the right side of the room and one on the left side).  

Ignore the potential paint options.... obviously we got straight to work!

The Kitchen


Is this really a kitchen?

View from the front door [more or less]

View from the living room (sorta)

There is actually a desk under those upper cabinets to the right of the living room doorway!

This is the back of the room... more on that record player later!
So there you have it.  Can't you see it?  Doesn't it look modern and bright and ready for gathering?

Truth Time: when we walked in and saw this, I didn't think there was a chance I wanted to buy this house.  It was SO dark and needed SO much work.  I wanted a "slight" fixer-upper, not a complete remodel! Spoiler alert - it was a complete remodel and I don't regret it.  I am just happy the back end of the house was convincing because, even though we remodeled it too, I voted for buy because of the back end.  Andrew could see the potential of the kitchen from the very beginning!

The Laundry Room



This room was actually very large for the age of the house.  It was a definite bonus.  It is located right off of the kitchen and adjacent to the garage.


Until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...